Pirastro Passione Violin Set
Need a Book? Click here!
Nationwide Shipping with FedEx Home Delivery
- Easy 45-Day Returns
- We ship 5 days a week; Monday through Friday.
- The sheep gut core of the Passione strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- The core sound is full, round and warm and has a complex overtone spectrum causing brilliance and clarity and a great power of projection.
- Passione strings possess a fascinating diversity of sounds, which allows musicians to alter their tone as desired.
- The sound is big and powerful.
- very easy response on all levels of the dynamic range
- The accuracy of the contact point is easily manageable.
- Significantly reduced playing-in time: Passione strings are immediately playable other than traditional gut strings.
- Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%
The medium set contains the following strings: E-Silvery Steel 26,
A-aluminum 13 1/2, D-silver 13 1/2,
G-silver 16 1/2
- Passione A-, D- and G-strings are manufactured in up to five gauges in steps of 1/4 PM.
- The Passione E-string Silvery Steel is available in the following gauges:0.255mm – 0.26mm – 0.267mm.
All Passione strings are available in 4/4.
- All A-, D- and G-strings come with a ball-end in order to facilitate the installation.
- The E-strings are available with ball or loop-end.
The length of the colored peg end of the Passione G-string is different than the length of the A- and D- strings. This has been done intentionally and is part of the construction of the G-string. The special length of the G-string’s color winding at the peg end prevents the string from breaking in the peg box. At the latest after two to three days the stretching process will be finalized. As a result the silk winding will no longer reach over the nut. We have made numerous tests with this special G on various violins all differing in size and the string has always fitted. On some violins it takes longer, with other violins the string even fits from the beginning.
There are no contributions yet.