- The sheep gut core of the Passione strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand.
- The core sound is full, round and warm and has a complex overtone spectrum causing brilliance and clarity and a great power of projection.
- Passione strings possess a fascinating diversity of sounds, which allows musicians to alter their tone as desired.
- The sound is big and powerful.
- very easy response on all levels of the dynamic range
- The accuracy of the contact point is easily manageable.
- Significantly reduced playing-in time: Passione strings are immediately playable other than traditional gut strings.
- Altering the gauge by 1/4 PM changes the tension by 3%
The medium set contains the following strings: E-Silvery Steel 26,
A-aluminum 13 1/2, D-silver 13 1/2,
G-silver 16 1/2
- Passione A-, D- and G-strings are manufactured in up to five gauges in steps of 1/4 PM.
- The Passione E-string Silvery Steel is available in the following gauges:0.255mm – 0.26mm – 0.267mm.
All Passione strings are available in 4/4.
- All A-, D- and G-strings come with a ball-end in order to facilitate the installation.
- The E-strings are available with ball or loop-end.
The length of the colored peg end of the Passione G-string is different than the length of the A- and D- strings. This has been done intentionally and is part of the construction of the G-string. The special length of the G-string’s color winding at the peg end prevents the string from breaking in the peg box. At the latest after two to three days the stretching process will be finalized. As a result the silk winding will no longer reach over the nut. We have made numerous tests with this special G on various violins all differing in size and the string has always fitted. On some violins it takes longer, with other violins the string even fits from the beginning.